Purina Omolene #300 Horse Feed is now formulated with Outlast Gastric Support Supplement.
It took over 100 years of industry-leading research and innovation to build today’s Purina Omolene horse feed lineup. We started with naturally nutritious high-quality whole grains packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients and prebiotic fibers. From there, countless nutrition studies and feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center led to scientific breakthroughs that keep our formulas on the cutting-edge of equine nutrition and performance.
Because only innovations proven to have the highest level of performance and safety earn their place in Purina Omolene horse feeds, you can feed with full confidence. Whether you need to fuel intense competitive performance, support your horse’s gastric health or nourish the growth of the next generation of equine athletes, Omolene feeds are built to help solve your toughest nutritional challenges.
Add to cart
Multiple Fuel Sources
Balanced fat, fiber, and whole grain soluble carbohydrates support sustained performance
Added Vegetable Oils
For a shinier, healthier hair coat, skin and hooves
Designed to be fed with hay or pasture
More Calories & Nutrition per Pound
Than any other product in the Omolene® horse feed line
Natural Whole Grains
A natural source of antioxidants, phytochemicals and fiber for lower feeding rates and designed to address digestive upset
A blend of fat, fermentable fiber and soluble carbohydrates for the equine athlete that needs to perform at their very best over the entire length of an event
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget
A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for weight gain, performance, shine & bloom
Helps to prevent bricking in the winter and drying out in the summer
Vitamin & Mineral Fortification
Provides 100% of the required vitamins and minerals when fed as directed
Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition–2007” published by the National Research Council
|CRUDE PROTEIN||16.0% min|
|CRUDE FAT||6.00% min|
|CRUDE FIBER||7.00% max|
|ACID DETERGENT FIBER (AFD)||10.0% max|
|NEUTRAL DETERGENT FIBER (NFD)||23.0% max|
|COPPER||60.00 PPM min|
|SELENIUM||0.60 PPM min|
|ZINC||220 PPM min|
|VITAMIN A||3000 IU/LB min|
|VITAMIN E||125 IU/LB min|
FEEDING DIRECTIONS WITH HAY OR PASTURE:
Start with the amounts of Omolene 300 Mare & Foal given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be gradually increased or decreased to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
For feeding directions outside the ranges addressed in these feeding charts, please contact your local Purina retailer or Purina Customer Service at 800-227-8941.
Weight of Horse in Pounds|8001,0001,200
(lbs/day)Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*9.512.014.5Omolene® 300 Horse Feed (lbs/day)**Late Gestation4.05.256.25Lactating Mare8.09.511.0***Weaned Foal Through YearlingWeight of Horse in Pounds|300400500600700
(lbs/day)****Omolene® 300 (fed with appropriate amounts of forage)7.25-7.757.50-8.507.00-9.257.50-9.507.75-10.00
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, you may reduce the feeding rate of Omolene 300 needed to maintain appropriate body condition.
** Do not feed less than 0.35 lbs/100 lbs body weight/day (3.5 lbs per 1000 lbs BW) or 0.75 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day for yearlings (3.75 lbs per 500-lb BW). If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, replace Omolene 300 with Purina ENRICH PLUS Ration Balancing Horse Feed.
*** Feeding rates of Omolene 300 and forage may be adjusted or feed may be top-dressed with Purina Amplify High Fat Supplement for additional calories.
**** Use the lower feeding rate for moderate growth rate and the higher feeding rate to support more rapid growth.
SUCKLING FOALS: Begin offering feed within two weeks of birth. Feed 1.0 lb of Omolene 300 horse feed per month of age per day.
700-LB WEANLINGS: Horses with expected mature weight of 1,000 lbs or greater may continue on Omolene 300 or change to Purina Omolene 200 Performance horse feed.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Feed at regular times, at least twice daily. Do not feed more than 0.5 lbs/100 lbs of body weight per meal. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Consult with your veterinarian regularly and maintain a routine dental, parasite control and health care program for your horse.