Purina Lamb Grower is a pelleted lamb feed that provides all the nutrients to help develop young, growing lambs by combining grain, roughage, vitamins and mineral supplements to be an all-in-one complete feed. This 14%-protein, 2%- fat non-medicated lamb grower feed is great for all life stages.
Add to cart
Follow these management practices:
- Lambs should be adjusted gradually to this product (over a period of 5 to 7 days) to reduce the risk of overeating and other digestive disturbances.
- This ration can be self-fed to lambs if they are properly adjusted to the ration.
- Do not allow starved lambs access to this feed.
- Vaccinate all lambs to prevent enterotoxemia (overeating disease) with both C and D toxoid.
- Keep a constant supply of complete feed available to lambs. Do not allow fine material to accumulate in feeders.
- Provide adequate bunk space for each animal. Bunks should be well protected and well managed to prevent feed from becoming wet and moldy.
- When fed from a self-feeder, adjust feeder to minimize quantity of feed accumulating in the trough.
- Provide free choice salt at all times.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
In groups of lambs there are certain animals who experience chronic bloat, or other digestive disturbances, and consequently, are poor performers. In addition, excess feed consumption, severe weather changes resulting in erratic feed consumption, and poorly managed feeding practices can increase the incidence of bloat in all lambs. If bloating does occur, the above management practices should be reviewed.
Feed this product at the rate of 2 to 4% of bodyweight daily. Lambs can be offered 10% (of their total feed) good quality grass hay in addition to this diet.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.