Mazuri® Large Bird Diet is a complete bird food for large psittacines. This nutritionally complete parrot food, formulated in multi-sized particles, can be used as the primary diet for nonbreeding birds.
Add to cart
- Mixed particle size – Supports natural foraging behavior.
- Better than seeds – Less waste, no sorting, consistent nutrition.
- Contains ground flaxseed – source of omega-3 fatty acids to support
- Contains antioxidant vitamin E – an essential nutrient
- No artificial flavors.
Product Form: Extruded feed: 3 particle sizes.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.
Same as Mazuri Large Bird Diet 56A8 3 lb product.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Vitamin E not less than
Omega 3 fatty acids not less than
Total Microorganisms not less than
(Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, Enterococcus faecium)*
*Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
- Feed free choice to non-breeding birds and provide fresh food daily.
- A 1 lb (450 g) bird will typically eat between 1/3 to ½ cup (33 – 40 g) per day, while a 2 lb (900 g) bird may consume between 2/3 to 1 cup (66 – 80 g) per day.
- Fresh fruits, vegetables and seeds may be provided, but no more than 20% of the total diet.
- To switch birds to this diet, gradually replace your old diet with this diet at the rate of 10% per day. Do not overfeed during this transition time and monitor your bird to be sure it is eating the new diet.
- Monitor the bird’s weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be especially attentive during the 10th to 12th day. If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% old diet and 50% Mazuri® Large Bird Diet and restart the conversion process from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease. If the bird is consuming the Mazuri® Large Bird Diet, the excreta will be a brownish-green color.
For best results, store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location free from rodents and insects. Do not offer moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may result in illness, performance loss or death. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date or use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.