Mazuri Herbivore Aquatic Gel Diet (no corn) is an easy-to-prepare exotic fish food for aquarium fish feeding that closely replicates low-starch wild herbivore diets. This Mazuri fish food is shipped as a powder that is designed to be made into a gel prior to feeding. In addition to meeting the nutritional requirements of plant-eating fish, this aquatic diet is highly palatable, is supplemented for vibrant coloration and has a long shelf life as a dry powder.
Add to cart
- Soft-moist texture of gel – More palatable to fish which are difficult to feed.
- Contains stabilized vitamin C – Longer shelf life.
- Contains all vitamins and trace minerals known to be required by fish.
- Contains pigmenting agents – Will help pigment fish.
- Low starch formula – More closely replicates wild-type diets.
- Sustainable fish meal source used.
Product Form: Dry powder
Product Size: Available by the kg.
Crude protein not less than 30.0%
Crude fat not less than 3.0%
Crude fiber not more than 7.0%
Ash not more than 20.0%
Calcium not less than 2.3%
Calcium not more than 2.8%
Phosphorus not less than 1.4%
Sodium not more than 1.5%
- Mazuri® Herbivore Aquatic Gel Diet (no corn) is designed to be an essential part of a total feeding system.
- Feed intake will vary based on age, body size and reproductive status.
- Prepared Mazuri® Herbivore Aquatic Gel Diet (no corn) can be fed at a rate of up to 50% of the animals’ diet to provide optimal nutrition. Never feed dry powder without first combining with water.
- Mix, by weight, 75% boiling (>180°F) water to 25% Mazuri® Herbivore Aquatic Gel Diet (no corn). Adjust mixture to meet desired texture and need.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon, fork or whisk for one minute, then pour into a shallow pan and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces appropriately sized for the animals being fed.
- Feed to herbivorous fish.
Mazuri® Gel Diets have a 1 year shelf life in the dry powder form when stored in a dry environment. For best results, tightly affix lid on canister after removal of desired dosage or store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. The mixed product should be stored under refrigeration for no longer than 7 days or frozen for up to 1 month. It is recommended that frozen batches be individually sealed in amount of usage, as repeated entry into the container exposes gel to oxygen. Once this product is mixed with water to form a gel, it should be handled like raw fish.