Mazuri Aquatic Gel Diet for Herbivorous Fish is an easy-to-prepare exotic fish food for aquarium fish feeding that contains PrimaLac — a source of live viable naturally occurring microorganisms designed to support gastrointestinal and skin health in fish. Made from fish meal, this Mazuri® fish food is shipped as a powder that is designed to be made into a gel prior to feeding. In addition to meeting the nutritional requirements of plant-eating fish, this aquatic diet is highly palatable, is supplemented for vibrant coloration and has a long shelf life.
Add to cart
- Soft-moist texture of gel – More palatable to fish which are difficult to feed.
- Contains stabilized vitamin C – Longer shelf life.
- Contains all vitamins and trace minerals known to be required by fish.
- Contains PrimaLac – A source of live viable naturally occurring microorganisms designed to support gastrointestinal and skin health in fish.
- Contains pigmenting agents – Provides optimum coloration.
- Low starch formula – More closely replicates wild-type diets.
- Multiple sustainable fish meal sources used.
Product Form: Powder – Available by the kg.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Ash not more than
Calcium not less than
Calcium not more than
Phosphorus not less than
Sodium not more than
Selenium not less than
Selenium not more than
- Mazuri® Aquatic Diet for Herbivorous Fish is deigned to be an essential part of a total feeding system.
- Feed intake will vary based on age, body size and reproductive status.
- Prepared Mazuri® Aquatic Gel Diet for Herbivorous Fish can be fed at a rate of up to 50% of the animals’ diet to provide optimal nutrition. Never feed dry powder without first combining with water.
- Mix, by weight, 70% boiling (or at minimum 180°F) water to 30% Mazuri® Aquatic Gel Diet for Herbivorous Fish. Adjust mixture to meet desired texture and need.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon, fork or whisk for one minute, then pour into a shallow pan and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces appropriately sized for the animals being fed.
- Feed to herbivorous fish.
Mazuri® Gel Diets have a 1 year shelf life in the dry powder form when stored in a dry environment. For best results, tightly affix lid on canister after removal of desired dosage or store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. The mixed product should be stored under refrigeration for no longer than 7 days or frozen for up to 1 month. It is recommended that frozen batches be individually sealed in amount of usage, as repeated entry into the container exposes gel to oxygen. Once this product is mixed with water to form a gel, it should be handled like raw fish.