If your horse is prone to metabolic disorders related to high starch intake, Manna Pro Safe Performance is a simple way to ease your feeding concerns. Manna Pro Safe Performance Performance is recommended by recommended by veterinarians, so you can feed it with confidence and know that your horse will get the calories he needs without high starch grains or molasses, for a ration that is highly digestible, high in fat, and provides safe, concentrated energy.
Available in 50-lb bag.
Add to cart
|Crude Protein||Min||14.00 %|
|Crude Fat||Min||7.00 %|
|Crude Fiber||Max||16.00 %|
|Vitamin A||Min||3,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D3||Min||150 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||Min||150 IU/lb|
General: Safe Performance™ Senior is formulated for active, older horses where controlled starch intake is desired. Safe Performance™ Senior is most commonly fed along with hay and(or) pasture. Feed Safe Performance™ Senior at a rate to support the desired body condition and activity level. Use 4 to 6 pounds per day as a starting guideline, adjusting as necessary to meet the needs of the horse. Provide fresh, clean water at all times.
Complete Feed: Safe Performance™ Senior contains built-in, digestible fiber. For horses unable to adequately chew and utilize hay and(or) pasture, Safe Performance™ Senior can be fed as a complete feed. Feed Safe Performance™ Senior at a rate to support the desired body condition and activity level. Use 12 to 16 pounds per day as a starting guideline, adjusting as necessary to meet the needs of the horse. Even when using Safe Performance™ Senior as a complete feed, it is recommended that horses be fed a few pounds of good quality long-stem hay each day, if possible. Provide fresh, clean water at all times.
Poor Tooth Condition: For horses with extremely poor tooth condition, Safe Performance™ Seniorcan be fed as a wet gruel. Simply mix the feed with water to the horse’s preference and allow it to soak for five minutes prior to feeding. Provide fresh, clean water at all times.
*- Suggested feeding rates should be used as a starting guideline. Adjust the feeding rate to a level that will support the desired growth rate, body condition, and energy level.
If you have questions about how to use this product in your feeding program, please contact Manna Pro at (800) 690-9908
GENERAL FEEDING MANAGEMENT
- Change to this feed gradually over a 5 to 7 day period.
- DO NOT overfeed or offer this product on a free choice basis.
- When feeding grain, divide the amount fed daily into two or more feedings. DO NOT feed more than 0.5% of the animal’s body weight in grain (1/2 pound grain per 100 pounds of body weight) at any one time.
- Maintain a regular feeding schedule.
- Provide fresh, clean water and adequate forage at all times. DO NOT allow hot, exercised horses free access to water until they have cooled-out.
- Work with your veterinarian to develop a comprehensive equine health program.
- Follow label directions. Feeding added selenium at levels in excess of 0.30 ppm in the complete diet is prohibited.