Your kid goats are full of energy and needs a milk replacer to keep them energized and growing. LAND O LAKES Doe’s Match Premium Blend kid milk replacer is specially formulated to meet the nutritional needs of your kid goat and deliver full potential nutrition for optimum production later in life.
Add to cart
Milk Replacer Mixing Instructions
Start by feeding 1/2 pint of milk replacer mixture 3-4 times a day for the first three days. Gradually decrease the number of feedings and increase the amount per feeding. Feeding rates may be adjusted according to age and desired growth goals.
Begin feeding kid goat milk replacer on day 2 after feeding colostrum. Provide fresh, clean water along with a high-quality dry feed on a free-choice basis. Water temperature for mixing kid goat milk replacer should be 110-120 degrees F. Kid goat milk replacer should be 105 degrees F when delivered to the kid. Always weigh milk replacer powder for accurate mixing. Kid goat milk replacer fed from a free choice device should be kept cool at approximately 60 degrees F.
2. Newborn kids should receive colostrum as soon after birth as possible (within 3-4 hours).
3. When hand feeding by bottle or shallow pan, milk replacer should be about 100 to 105° F.
4. Consult with your veterinarian on a dry doe and kid vaccination
program, including, but not limited to E. coli, clostridium and salmonella.
5. Always provide fresh, clean, free choice water and provide a high quality dry feed on a free-choice basis.
6. If scouring occurs due to bacterial infection, kids may need treatment with an oral antibiotic. If scours persist, seek assistance from your local veterinarian.