Colorful Companions Parakeet Blend contains triple-cleaned seeds and grains to give you fresh product with high palatability. Vitamin and mineral-enriched pellets also contain feather conditioners designed to give your bird strong, bright feathers.
Available in 25-lb bag.
Add to cart
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
- This blend is designed to be fed in combination with a nutritionally complete pellet, such as Mazuri® Small Bird Maintenance (56A6) or Small Bird Breeder (56A7), or as the primary diet item when all components are consumed.
- To successfully transition birds from their currently diet to COLORFUL COMPANIONS® Blend Parakeet, do a gradual changeover. Start with 90% current diet and 10% Parakeet. On each succeeding day, reduce the amount of seeds by 10% while increasing the amount of Parakeet by 10%. On the 10th day, the diet should consist only of COLORFUL COMPANIONS® Parakeet Blend.
- Monitor the bird’s weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be especially attentive during the 10th to 12th day. If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% original diet and 50% Parakeet and restart the conversion process from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease.
- Supplemental calcium should also be provided in the form of cuttlebone to ensure birds can meet their needs for the mineral at all times.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water.
COLORFUL COMPANIONS® Parakeet Blend has a 1 year shelf life when stored in a dry environment. For best results, ensure container is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location.