Mazuri Ferret Diet offers proper ferret nutrition in an extruded form for all life stages of ferrets. This highly palatable, nutrient-dense dry ferret food contains multiple animal derived proteins appropriate for carnivores. Mazuri ferret food contains high quality ingredients for high digestibility. No ferret supplements are required with this ferret food.
Add to cart
|Crude Protein||38.00% min|
|Crude Fat||20.00% min|
|Crude Fiber||4.00% max|
|Vitamin E||225 IU/kg min|
|Omega-3 Fatty||0.50% min|
|Total Microorganisms||270,000 CFU/g|
(Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium thermophilum)*
*Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
- Feed management is dependent upon the feeding purpose or developmental stage.
- Young Growing Animals – Feed young animals free-choice. Allow animals to clean feeders every two to three days to ensure the presence of fresh feed. Growing ferrets will eat approximately 7% of body weight.
- Adult Animals (non-breeding) – Maintain adult animals in good body condition. Adults will generally consume 3-4% of body weight per day.
- Breeder Animals – Breeder animals (male and female) should be maintained in good/lean condition. During the pre-breeding period, care must be taken to ensure the animals are not depositing excessive amounts of fat. Some feed restriction may be necessary. Adults will eat approximately 5.5 to 6% of body weight (1.5 to 2.5 ounces/day depending on size/weight).
- Gestation/Lactation – During the last third of the gestation period females will increase feed consumption. Care is necessary to prevent animals from becoming fat. Some feed restriction may be necessary. At whelping time, caked udders may occur. This condition can be reduced by limiting females feedings. After the litter is one week old, feed can be offered free-choice.
- Keep fresh, clean water available at all times.
For best results, ensure polybag seal is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Polybag diets are packaged in sealed containers under nitrogen to ensure optimal freshness. Store in a cool (75ºF or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date or use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.